See you there~!
This time, I will be part of the audience. Looking forward to this one. Limited spaces available so ...hurry!
ASMPNY's Fine Art Conversations - Curators and Dealers!
When: February 2, 2011
Where: Soho Photo 15 White Street
Time: Doors and registration open 6:30pm
Panel Discussion 7-9:00pm
ASMPNY is honored to have three of the most commanding voices at the nucleus of fine art photography on this panel discussion about fine art photography.
- HOWARD GREENBERG - One of the world's top photography dealers and owner of
the Howard Greenberg Gallery
- JEFF ROSENHEIM - Curator of Photographs, Metropolitan Museum of Art
- BRIAN WALLIS - Chief Curator, ICP, the International Center of Photography
Moderator - Susan May Tell, photographer and ASMPNY Fine Art Chair
All three panelists strive to create interest in and share great photography with the public. Yet their mission, because of venue, is different and that impacts what each does and how they do it. Topics may include similarities and differences as they relate to this, such as:
· Who is 'your' audience? How do you interest people to become part of it?
· The process of creating/organizing exhibitions: i.e. the length of time involved;
chosen by committee or individual vision; do market-place decisions play a role?
· Relationships with collectors, auction houses, critics.
· The importance (or not) of prints being editioned.
· Silver and chromogenic vs. digital prints. Vintage vs. recent prints.
· How your paths cross and how do you work together (or don't). Are their rivalries?
Do you compete for photographers' work?
· Perspectives on work being done by this generation of photographers.
· The role of the Internet (and all its electronic iterations) on our fine art photography
· How photographers become on one's radar and the best ways for photographers to
grow that relationship.
Student, non-member: $5
ASMPNY's Conversations has been designed to be intimate and personal, so seating is limited and will fill up quickly. To secure your spot, please register early.
Please note that REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. NO WALK-INS WILL BE ADMITTED. Also, to accommodate the maximum, there may not be chairs available for everyone.
If you have participated in previous events as a reviewer, panelist or lecturer and would like to attend, please email Susan May Tell to be put on the guest list.
A Glimpse Into the Surreal World of Japanese Robotics
40 minutes ago