Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tamir Sher...Keep an eye!

ARTmostfierce would like you to keep a close eye on Tamir Sher.
Originally from Israel , Tamir is already a contender for Jen Beckman's Hey, Hot Shot .

Please see his web site listed below and also enjoy some of Tamir's photos posted here.

The last photo posted here is the one Hey, Hot shot entry.

Tamir, best of luck to you and I known for a while that there is more coming!

Also, please read below Tamir explanation of his Hey, Hot Shot entry.







Tamir Sher, Velazquez on45s.

“… I realize that the digital era is very primitive. For me there is no hierarchy between daguerreotype and digital contemporary photograph,” writes Hey, Hot Shot entrant Tamir Sher.

Sher goes on to explain that, “The circle work is images from new work in progress called ‘Masters on 45.’ I took my old record player and decided to use it in my work before I threw it away. I put a reproduction of an old masters painting and my son’s superheroes on it and take pictures in a variable speeds. I like how the low-tech record player connects and mix between old and contemporary. Create new representation.”


http://www.tamirsher.com/
http://www.tamirsher.wordpress.com/

No comments: